Friday, November 15, 2013

Angelika Advantages - Interview with UTD student Julie Hellwarth



This blog post will interview Julie Hellwarth, an undergraduate student attending the University of Texas at Dallas, about her thoughts on her Angelika theater experience.

Interview:

“What did you think about the cost to visit the Angelika with your UTD student discount?”

Julie: The UTD student discount makes it more appealing to go to the Angelika Theater. The $2.50 discount is a big saving. I also really liked that they show the Walking Dead free every Sunday. It is an awesome perk that the theater has!
 
“How would you describe your experience visiting the Angelika?”

Julie: Overall, it was a very enjoyable experience. The environment was very inviting, the staff were friendly and helpful, and the theater showed the stream in a timely manner. The food items were overpriced, however: I’ll probably eat before or after elsewhere, and go to Angelika for just the movie.
 
“When you walked into the Angelika, what was the first thing you noticed?”

Julie: Before I even walked in I noticed the outside of the Angelika, because the blue words glowed so brightly. After walking in, the chandeliers really caught my eye and made the place feel more upscale than other theaters I’ve attended. They also had an escalator for going up, and a large staircase for going down, which I thought worked really well because I’m not a fan of stairs!
 
What did you think of the Angelika's interior, environment, and the t-shirt given away for the Walking Dead streaming?

Julie: The interior of the Angelika is very cozy. It isn't a big space but they make it work with the space that they have. It has a very modern look with the overall square shape of the building, and the warm colors make the place seem inviting. The audience never interfered with what I watched, which I appreciated. The t-shirt giveaway that they had after the showing was very nice and made me want to return.

Julie Hellwarth viewed her Angelika theater experience as cost efficient, inviting, and a place that she would “definitely return to.”

No comments:

Post a Comment